Development updates and roadmap
This page highlights the features and improvements planned for Europeana Collections. Priorities may change while we work on certain features.
Our aim is to release new features early and frequently in order to get your feedback to make them better. As such, not everything will be perfect on first release, and we appreciate your patience and help in testing the new and updated services. Don't hesitate to give us your feedback via the "Feedback" button in the corner of your screen,
Completed projects and improvements
Visit our release overview page on GitHub for an overview of completed changes and improvements per version of Europeana Collections. Our aim is to release a new version of Europeana Collections every three weeks.
What we are working in Q1
- A new release of the Europeana Fashion Collections, with an improved landing page and a new image gallery feature
- Consolidation of the end-user blog into Europeana Collections.
- Upgrade all exhibitions to the same improved layout and user experience as used in the Faces of Europe exhibitions
What we will primarily work on in Q1-2
- Begin the development and integration of the Europeana 1914-1918 into Europeana Collections as a Thematic Collection (currently europeana1914-18.eu).
Other features planned for Q1-Q2 2017
- Allow users to browse all topics, resource types and persons present in Europeana, finding information about them and the objects in Europeana that are related to them
- Add support for autosuggestions in search, which will suggest persons, topics and places to you based on your search query.